Work percentage: approximately 60% dedication, annual in-house consultant contract, with option to renew annually.
Location: any EU country.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills & experience
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 11th March 2016
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, two samples of writing, and contact information for two professional references to:
Raising the Floor – International
Eva de Lera, Executive Director
IMPORTANT – Please include ITW-FEB16 in the subject line of your email submission.
Raising the Floor – International Association (RtF-I, http://raisingthefloor.org/) is a not-for-profit international association with a mission to making the web and mobile technologies accessible to everyone with disabilities, literacy and aging-related barriers, regardless of their economic status. RtF-I is leading the effort toward building and growing a Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII).
We are currently looking for an ICT Technical Writer to join our diverse, dynamic and distributed team of engineers, designers and product managers on this complex yet critically important challenge. We are inclusion-centric and we deeply believe we will innovate in providing personalized access to technology, for everyone. The position demands technical depth, prior experience of working within an ICT support role and outstanding writing expertise.
The person will report directly to the Director of Operations, and work closely with the Executive Director.
RtF-I is looking for an experienced ICT Technical Writer to help develop the content of the GPII.net and ensure that its mission, solutions and all information is clear and well understood by the GPII’s group of diverse stakeholders, someone with expertise and knowledge developing content and end-user documentation of technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve existing materials, research, techniques, procedures, and/or products and technologies.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in accessible IT and digital AT technologies and will, have prior experience of working within an ICT support role.
This position demands that the person has the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures, is meticulous, pays attention to detail, good analytical skills, problem solving skills and excellent English writing skills.
RtF Consortium website:
Principal RtF Consortium project:
Overview of RtF-I key related EU funded projects participation:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a ICT Technical Writer you have to be a highly productive and efficient writer. You need to have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction in documents. Your strong technical skills and aptitude for organizing complex information must enable you to pick up and understand new technologies and standards rapidly and well.
This position relies on effective engagement with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information.
RtF-I is looking for someone that can work independently, is self-motivated, with strong technical skills, knowledge of the software life cycle process and an ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC DUTIES:
As ICT Technical Writer, the Main Roles and Responsibilities will be:
- Creating technical content for publication on our websites, blogs and other channels, to help guide developers and other GPII stakeholders on the implementation of specific solutions or use GPII technologies.
- Lead or assist in the publication of papers in journals and conference publications, as well as applications for patents.
- Writing project-related technical deliverables for the funding agency.
- Ensuring all documentation meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Liaising with colleagues such as systems analysts and designers.
- Providing support, gathering feedback and responding to it, to increase quality and efficiency of writing.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Have demonstrated marketing communications and public relations experience.
- Working experience in ICT technical writing of software documentation.
- A university degree (Masters or Technical writing preferred), or equivalent.
- 3+ years of developer experience, the ability to develop code, fix bugs, evaluate and test technical solutions.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational ability.
- Demonstrated efficiency working on own initiative.
Raising the Floor – International is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.