Work percentage: approximately 60% dedication, annual in-house consultant contract, with option to renew annually.
Location: any EU country.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills & experience
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, two samples of writing, and contact information for two professional references to:
Raising the Floor – International
Eva de Lera, Executive Director
IMPORTANT – Please include DCM-FEB16 in the subject line of your email submission.
Raising the Floor – International Association (RtF-I, http://raisingthefloor.org/) is a not-for-profit international association with a mission to making the web and mobile technologies accessible to everyone with disabilities, literacy and aging-related barriers, regardless of their economic status. RtF-I is leading the effort toward building and growing a Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII).
We are currently looking for a Developer Community Manager to join our diverse, dynamic and distributed team of engineers, designers and product managers on this complex yet critically important challenge. We are inclusion-centric and we deeply believe we will innovate in providing personalized access to technology, for everyone. The position demands technical depth, design and writing expertise, and experience building relationships, networking and disseminating.
The person will report directly to the Director of Operations, and work closely with the Executive Director and Communications Manager.
RtF-I is looking for a skilled and energetic person to launch and enrich our Developer Community, someone with a diverse set of technical skills who can work independently, but also someone who is passionate about empowering people to build amazing things with GPII, working to ensure digital inclusion for everyone.
The successful candidate will be familiar with developer communities (GitHub, Gitter etc) and programmers events (e.g. Hackathons).
A GPII Developer Community Manager should be a software development professional with a track record of delivering web and/or mobile application and 3+ years of developer relations experience. The person should have experience writing knowledge base articles, tutorials, blog posts, style guides, and managing community web sites or portals. This position requires excellent interpersonal and online communication skills.
RtF Consortium website:
Principal RtF Consortium project:
Overview of RtF-I key related EU funded projects participation:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Developer Community Manager for RtF-I, your job is to inspire and help guide and equip developers with the ability to build new solutions and experiences with the GPII architecture, tools and supportive materials.
As a founding member in the developer platform team (DeveloperSpace), your work will be impactful in carrying out the necessary strategies to ensure GPII’s visibility in the developer community worldwide and engaging them to participate and contribute. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the voice of our community of developers are heard clearly by all other GPII teams (operations, marketing, etc.).
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- To develop, implement/execute and coordinate GPII’s stakeholder engagement strategy, prioritizing their contribution in the DeveloperSpace and Unified Listing spaces.
- To write, edit, produce and distribute all messages, communiqués, and other related communication materials, necessary for carrying this outreach, engagement and contribution strategy. This may include creating short videos, graphics, documents and other communication materials and use the currently available marketing and communication and, social media channels to reach out to the desired communities and ensure their engagement and contribution.
- To educate and empower developers, organizing and participating at local, national and international developer events, such as conferences, technical workshops, webinars and other engagement-related events.
- To build partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- To gather feedback that will inform the rest of the GPII team.
- Work with the GPII team to support our developers.
- To administer, design and maintain the developer related sections in the GPII and Prosperity4all websites and their other communication channels.
- To ensure ongoing evaluation of efforts, and reporting of these to the Director of Operations and Executive Director.
- To maintain a high-quality database of stakeholders, specially Developers.
- To ensure RtF-I, GPII and P4A grow a positive public image to ensure awareness, understanding and engagement of different target audiences through the different and specifically selected communications channels, in collaboration and coordination with the Communications Manager.
- General coordination and support of different activities, as needed.
- Act in accordance with the objectives of RtF-I.
- Other duties as assigned.
Have demonstrated marketing communications and public relations experience.
- 5+ years developing software.
- 3+ years experience actively engaging in developer communities such as GitHub, Gitter or HipChat and community Forums like XDA-developers and programmers events like Hackathons.
- Some experiences in AT domain would also be considered a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Public speaking experience or aptitude is essential for inspiring developers, to deliver presentations that are effective.
- A university degree (Masters preferred), or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational ability.
- Demonstrated efficiency working on own initiative
- Current professional presence on social media is an asset.
- Personal connections and professional network in a related field is also an asset.
Raising the Floor – International is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.