Reformat text using CSS or other methods to make it more easily readable, both by human readers and by screen readers. This feature may also remove images and other distractions.
Discussion by Disabilities
Blind & Low Vision
- Reformatting text can make it easier to read with low vision, and can also make it easier to read and understand with a machine screen reader.
- Certain text formatting methods, such as breaking up lines or staggering text in certain ways, may be easier to read.
Please note that these products are not necessarily endorsed by RtF, but represent the range of available options.
Open Source and free
These products are free and their source code may be modified with few restrictions.
- Web Access Gateway – U.of Cambridge, Silas Brown
Free, not necessarily open source
These products are free to use, but may have strict restrictions on viewing and modifying source code.
- Accessibility Internet (ai) Browser for Multimedia – IBM
- MathPlayer – Design Science
- WebVisum – WebVisum
- Readability – Arc90
Commercial, with free trial
- Live Ink – Walker Reading Technologies
Commercial, no free trial
These products must be purchased to be used, and did not offer free trials at the time of posting.
Contributions & Discussion
Any corrections, suggestions, or additions to this page? Please let us know by emailing Contribution@RaisingTheFloor.net with [MasterList] in the subject line.
You can also join the discussion on the Access Feature Master List Google Group.